Through a generous gift from Wes and Ankie Foell, we are pleased to announce a new graduate scholarship in 2018 for international students enrolling in the Energy Analysis and Policy (EAP) program. We will award up to 5 scholarships of $5,000 each to international students who choose to enroll in the EAP program in Fall 2018.
What: $5,000 awards for UW-Madison International Graduate Students who enroll in EAP in Fall 2018
When: Awards will be made on a rolling basis starting July 31, 2018.
How: To apply for the scholarship, apply to be part of the EAP program and mark the appropriate box on the application form.
- Graduate students in almost any graduate program at the University of Wisconsin—Madison who are eligible to enroll in EAP are thus also eligible for this award.
- Selected graduate students must enroll in EAP, and move forward in the program over a 2-year period.
- Students must hold a passport from a country outside the United States (dual citizens are also eligible).
- Students enrolled in EAP on or before July 1, 2018 are not eligible to apply.
Applicants will be awarded on the following criteria:
- Overall academic and professional excellence
- Completion of all or most EAP prerequisites. These cover 5 areas: one college course each in a) physics or chemistry; b) natural science (biology, environmental, geology or atmospheric and oceanic); c) economics; d) social sciences or humanities; e) calculus or statistics
- Among excellent candidates, diversity in terms of country of origin, department of graduate degree, and professional interests will also be considered.
- Students will recieve the $5000 over a period of four semesters, if they complete 1 or more required EAP classes per semester ($1000 for 3 semesters; $2000 in 4th). If EAP requirements are fulfilled in less than 4 semesters, then the balance of the scholarship will be awarded upon certificate completion.
- Up to five scholarships will be awarded